About The Role
The Account Executive is the first and primary customer point of contact selling into a defined sales territory. As door-opening sales experts, they work in deep collaboration with the presales teams to deliver a compelling value proposition that differentiates the product portfolio from the competition. The Account Executive is also engaged in expanding the customer base into untapped markets and displacing our competitors from historically aligned companies.
As an individual contributor, you will work closely with regional marketing, channel team members, a high-touch sales team, and the Vice President of Sales in Japan to develop and execute field sales activities that support the region’s strategy and partner sales initiatives.
- Extensive strategic development of initiatives targeted to specific accounts and markets that demonstrate our extensive capabilities as an advanced solution provider and drive increased market share proactively. Maximize sales activities and achieve quotas by prospecting for new accounts.
- Connect with all levels within the customer including “C” level relationships and has a footprint across the customer organization, adopting the conversation to the audience.
- See opportunities and the value for customer, by mastering a deep understanding of the qualitative strategies and initiatives of the customer that articulate the goals of their company. Provide critical insights to the customer that generate best-in-class credibility and contribute to a market leadership position for the company.
- Operate as a dynamic “hunter” and demand generator, grows the addressable market by identifying the key accounts in the territory. Establish high revenue, multi-year business plans with the target accounts. Develop road maps for large-scale implementations of our systems and services in the accounts.
- Is familiar with mapping capabilities of existing Partners and Strategic Alliance to key target areas and identifying gaps. Create a network of relationships to facilitate sales and promote alliances and partnerships.
- Drive and lead the sales, presales, engineering and support efforts for the account to achieve business goals.
- Initiate and support, develop and monitor purchasing agreements between us and the customer
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Japanese written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets whilst managing a small number of large accounts
- New business sales focus within the Enterprise space
- Previous sales experience gained within software or IT sales organization (ideally within the CX space), managing multimillion-dollar deals
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software
- Previous SaaS sales experience highly desirable
- Commercially astute, experience in developing business case and ROI together with customer’s personnel.
- Ability to understand the “bigger picture” and the business drivers
- Ability to articulate the value of solutions to prospects and customers and to leverage this to drive maximum revenue opportunity
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of both prospect /customer organizations including C’ level and internally across the business
- Developing a sales strategy in the allocated territory with a target prospect list, and a regional sales plan
- Prospect qualification, development and execution of new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams
- Tailoring our value proposition to prospects based on in-depth research of specific business conditions and drivers