Supervise the efficient and economical process of all guests and in-house/outside laundry or dry
The job of the Laundry Attendant is executed satisfactorily when:
- Laundry & terry are cleaned, folded, and stored in time and according to standard.
- Linen and Terry par stocks are well maintained.
- Hygiene standards are strictly monitored and followed.
- LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above.
- Operate laundry machinery such as washers, driers, and ironers.
- Load articles into machinery and ensure correct cleaning agents & detergents.
- Sort dried articles according to type e.g. separate white cloth and colorful cloth.
- Fold, hang, and place linen and terry in appropriate storage areas.
- Sort/segregate and fold all items that need to be sorted/folded ensuring quality standards.
- Maintain the daily production report and submit it to the Supervisor at the end of the day.
- Clean the lint trap compartment of the Dryer Machine before starting the operation and as
- often as required.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the assigned machinery and equipment all the time. Report to
- supervisor any unusual function of the equipment.
- Ensure cleanliness of the entire laundry area all the time.
- Sort torn and stained articles for reporting purposes.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules and regulations established in the Employees
- Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to them by management.